Monday, September 10, 2018

Choosing to be a Mother

Women in any relationship are owed respect, love and kindness but a Mother… she deserves an ovation. 

A mother holds on to her baby from the time she conceives it and nurtures and values it until her last breath. I always used to wonder how my mother ends up sharing the last bite of a meal with me or wakes up at late hours to complete my projects. Now I know. Now I understand – I was her project. 

Women balance a lot to become mothers. That role seems difficult for me to understand. It is just like tiny pieces of your heart and soul roaming around, in this mean hostile world. Hence your attention is definitely towards them. The next moment however, at work, there is some deadline and you need to prioritize that too. 

What you weigh as more important is the core distinction that differentiates a woman from a mother. 


A mother breathes in air and breathes out love for her kids. I now know, why mothers are so different from women in any other relationship. The reason is – Mothers can’t be selfish. She was not made to be self-centered in this relationship; she was made to let a new entity feel welcome, important and comfortable in this world. 


They say, “Take life slow, Sadaf!”, but being on the brink of change, I find it hard to set priorities right; when a part of my soul is moving around and needs me and the other part of the person I am is calling me for duty. I hold great respect for the mothers who have devoted themselves to love their kids beyond words can ever describe because now I see how it feels to choose change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment